Friday, April 15, 2011

Memory Lane

I interviewed Arnaud de Borchgrave while I worked for WQFM, when he was Newsweek's Chief Foreign Correspondent, after his novel "The Spike" was published.  He was very surprised that I had actually read the book, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was a dashing spy novel.  This simple thank you impressed me enough to keep it all these years.  Currently deBorchgrave  is Editor-at-Large of The Washington Times and United Press International, as well as Project Director for Transnational Threats (TNT) and Senior Advisor for The Center for Strategic and International Studies.[4][5]



The other "best" interview I did while doing news and public affairs for WQFM was with Steven King.  He was a hoot and a half and even improvised some Maine Humor with me - Bert & I style.  He did autograph a copy of his novel "Fire Starter" for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really very jealous about the Stephen King thing. I've always wanted to meet that guy.

    ReplyDelete